Hedgerow and Bloom is Blooming!
To celebrate the changing seasons and love of florals, we here at Hedgerow and Bloom are teaming up with Vinegar Hill in Farnham this Spring/Summer and will be running a unique and bespoke wreath making workshop. I (Tracey, Founder and Head Grower at Hedgerow and Bloom) will demonstrate and guide you through the wreath making process while you immerse yourself in creating your own unique personal wreath and take a little bit of mother nature home with you.
A little bit about us...
- Be ready with snips to hand at all times
- Invest in a pocket field guidebook to ensure you pick flowers/plants that are safe to pick and make sure you do not pick poisonous or skin irritant plants
- Don’t trespass and ask permission to pick on private land
- Only pick what you need and leave enough for Mother Nature
- Keep flowers out of direct sunlight, away from radiators and bright windowsills
- Keep vessels clean, change water regularly and try a drop of bleach to stop bacteria build up. Try a bit of sugar, lemonade or Aspirin to feed your jugs of flowers
- Strip all lower leaves off stems and ensure no leaves are below the water line
- Learn about the hidden meaning of flowers and embrace the joy of giving flowers
- Support your local British flower growers and other local businesses.
- Become a Nature Activist, join Extinction Rebellion or look up stories of Guerrilla gardening.
- Help save our Bees, other species and Planet Earth
- Learn to grow your own food and flower cutting patch.
- Sign up to your local allotment scheme and get digging.
- Take a breath and smell the roses.