This website, found under the www.vinegarhill.co.uk URL, is operated by Vinegar Hill Ltd. References to Vinegar Hill and ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ shall be deemed to be references to Vinegar Hill Ltd. References to ‘you’, and ‘your’ shall be deemed to be references to person placing an order via the www.vinegarhill website.
When you place and order with us it will be deemed that you have read, understood and agreed to these Terms & Conditions. If you are unhappy with any part of these terms and conditions, you should contact one of our customer service team before placing an order with us either by phone or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at the address given below.
By placing an order through our website you are making an offer to Vinegar Hill to purchase the goods outlined in your order upon the terms described in your order.
When you place an order, we will require your name, email address, credit/debit card, phone and address details. This information is required in order to process your request or inform you of acceptance of our order. A contact phone number is needed so that we can get in touch if there is a problem with your order. We may, unless you inform us otherwise, provide our couriers with your contact phone number in case they need to reach you to arrange the delivery of your order.
After placing an order online, we will provide you with confirmation that your order has been received but this is not confirmation that your offer to buy the items has been accepted. Our contract for the sale of our products will only exist once an order has been accepted, processed and dispatched to you.
Please note that we will not be able to meet any obligations as a result of the following reasons:
- If the product you ordered is out of stock
- We are unable to authorise your payment
- If it is identified that there is a product description or pricing error
- If customers do not reach any order criteria outlined in the Terms & Conditions
- If our delivery companies are temporarily unable to deliver due to exceptional conditions that are beyond our control including hazardous weather and accidents.
Should there be an issue with your order, one of our Customer Services team will contact you either by phone or email. Please ensure that you check all items on receipt, as faulty or damaged items must be reported within eight working days of receiving the parcel.
Vinegar Hill reserve the right to reject any offer of purchase by you at any point. Please note that whilst we will make every effort and reasonable care to keep your order details and payment secure, we cannot be responsible for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any information that you supply when accessing or ordering from the Vinegar Hill website.
When placing an order you will automatically be added to our mailing list. However should you wish to not receive mailings, please inform our Customer Services team and they will remove you from our Catalogue list.
Product Pricing & Descriptions
Every product bought is sold subject to its product description which outlines any further specific conditions that relate to that product including, without restriction, terms and conditions that regarding approximate delivery dates/times, warranties, after-sales support and guarantees.
We undertake all reasonable care to ensure that all the details, prices and descriptions of website products are accurate at the time when the appropriate information was entered onto our system. Whilst we endeavour to keep the website as up-to-date and accurate as is possible, there may be rare occasions when the information on the website (including product descriptions) at a certain time may not reflect the position exactly at the point an order is placed. Please note that we are unable to confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted in line with our order acceptance conditions.
If you are not happy with products you have chosen and received, you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish under the Distance Selling Regulations, provided you exercise your right no longer than eight working days after the day on which you receive the products (excluding made to order/personalised items). Please note however that we pride ourselves on our commitment to the highest levels of customer service and will consider cases on a case by case basis, subject to the situation, after this period.
Should you wish to cancel your order prior despatch, please contact our customer services team on email@example.com or 01242 584404. Alternatively, you can inform us by posting the notice to our address below. If your order has already been despatched we will be more than happy to offer you an exchange or, if you wish, a refund provided that the products are returned complete and in a reasonable condition. Where possible we would ask that you return the items with the original packaging. With the exception of faulty items or goods damaged in transit, please note that we are not responsible for return postage. Where goods are delivered to a third party you will need to be able to return the goods you ordered to us to be able to exercise this right.
Returns Policy & Making Returns
In the unlikely event that a parcel arrives damaged or faulty or you wish to return it, you must contact us within 8 working days of receiving the parcel by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all items need to be returned within 30 days complete and in a reasonable condition and that personalised/made to order products may not be returned unless faulty. Where possible we would ask that you return the item(s) with the original packaging. This does not affect your statutory rights.
With the exception of faulty items or goods damaged in transit, please note that we are not responsible for return postage and the costs associated with this. Once you have contacted us, please ensure that you include the Returns Slip, and we would recommend that you obtain a Certificate of Posting in case for whatever reason the parcel fails to reach us. Please note that large unwanted items will need to be collected by one of our couriers (the cost for this will be deducted from your refund with the exception of faulty items) – please call 01242 584404 during office hours and our Customer Service team will be able to advise you.
Vinegar Hill Ltd
14 The Waterways
Stratford upon Avon
Telephone: 01789 415 052
Please note that only one promotional offer can be used at any one time and any Promotion Codes are not valid during Sale periods or on Clearance items that have already been discounted.
Disclaimer & Limitations of Liability
Vinegar Hill does not look to exclude or limit liability for personal injury or death arising from its negligence or that of its employees, agents, members or directors or for any misrepresentation that is fraudulent.
To the utmost extent allowed by law and save as provided above, neither Vinegar Hill nor any linked company shall be liable to you by reason of any representation, or any implied condition, guarantee, or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, or in negligence (whether on the part of Vinegar Hill or any of its employees, agents, members or directors or otherwise) for any indirect special or resultant loss or damage (including but not limited to loss of profit or loss of saving), expenses, costs, or other claims for compensation whatsoever which arise out of or in connection with the use of the Vinegar Hill website, the supply of the products or their use of resale by you).
These limitations of liability, as outlined here, shall apply equally for the benefit of Vinegar Hill Ltd. and any other linked company as if references to Vinegar Hill included references to each linked company.
Whilst we try and do everything reasonable to try and keep the information on this website up-to-date and correct, Vinegar Hill do not give any warranty to its completeness or correctness and Vinegar Hill cannot be held responsible for any omissions, errors or for any resulting implications from the use of this information.
Vinegar Hill make all reasonable effort to ensure a reliable and fast service but we do not guarantee that you that your use of this website will be free from interruption or errors and cannot be held responsible for any disruption, loss of or corruption of any material in transit, or loss of or corruption of material or data when downloaded onto computer systems.
In addition, Vinegar Hill cannot be held responsible or liable for your use of any websites that are accessible from this website as we do not have any control or responsibility for these. Any such links should not be viewed as an endorsement or an affiliation with Vinegar Hill.
Copyright & Trademark
All the content of the pages on the website (including pictures, logos, photographs, copy and other materials) represent the copyright or registered trademark of Vinegar Hill or it’s technology providers or their respective owners. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The modification, copying, circulation, reproduction, or incorporation of into any other work of part of or all of content available on the Vinegar Hill site is forbidden, with the exception of:
Copying, printing (solely one copy) or downloading extracts of the content of the website for the sole purpose of using the website in good faith for placing an order with Vinegar Hill or for non-commercial purposes.
The complete liability of Vinegar Hill under or in connection with any contract for any products to which these conditions apply shall not exceed the price of the products, except as expressly provided in these conditions.
Vinegar Hill will not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions or any other contract with you by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of its obligations in relation to the products ordered by you if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond its reasonable control.
Vinegar Hill may assign or transfer any of its rights or sub contract any of its obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party. You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or sub contract any of your obligations under these terms and conditions except with the specific written permission of Vinegar Hill.
No person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have any right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. Nothing in these conditions is intended nor shall affect any of your statutory rights that may not be legally excluded.
Territory and Law
The use of this website and these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English court. This does not affect your non-excludable statutory rights.
This website and our Terms and Conditions have been designed for use within the United Kingdom and under UK law. Whilst we are happy to consider requests for products and enquiries from outside the United Kingdom, we give no warranty, express or implied, that the use of this website or the placing of any order through this website from outside the UK complies with any applicable non-UK laws or regulations. Accordingly, any products or promotions not permitted under your local law are not offered to you.
Vinegar Hill’s 20th Birthday Online Competition
- The promoter of this Prize Draw is Vinegar Hill Limited (02278796) whose registered office address is (14 The Waterways, Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 0AW).
- These terms and conditions apply to the Prize Draw run on Vinegar Hill’s social media channels unless otherwise stated in the promotion, in this instance Instagram.com and Facebook.com.
- When entering the Prize Draw through either Facebook or Instagram, please note that the Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, that social media provider.
- Entrants must comply with the terms and conditions for use of the relevant social media provider.
- Vinegar Hill shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise or any third party products or actions preventing access to or participation into the promotion. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified.
- This promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over and excludes employees of Vinegar Hill.
- Entries to the competition are made by liking the Facebook page (@vinegarhilluk) or following the Instagram page (@vinegarhill) of Vinegar Hill and posting a photo telling us about their favourite Vinegar Hill product purchased or received over the last 20 years. Entrants must use the hashtag #myvinegarhill.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- The prize is a Vinegar Hill goodie bag to the value of £70. There is no cash alternative. The prize is non-transferable.
- The Prize Draw will be held on Sunday 21st May 2017 (“Draw Date”). Entries received after 11.59pm on Saturday 20th May 2017 will not be entered into the Prize Draw. The winner will be selected at random from all of the eligible entries received.
- The winner will be notified by Facebook or Instagram via a direct message to their account. There will also be a public announcement of the winner on Vinegar Hill’s social media channels.
- Once the prize is accepted, the prize will be delivered to the winner’s address within 30 days of the Draw Date.
- The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if the prize is unclaimed within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplemental winner may be drawn at Vinegar Hill’s discretion.
Head Office & Registered office
Vinegar Hill Ltd
14 The Waterways
Stratford upon Avon
Registered in England and Wales No. 2278796.